Architecturally designed, by renowned architect Donald Spencer and built in 1962 this home was, and still is an impressive representation of family living in this desirable pocket of Kenmore, and just 12km to the CBD.
Welcomed through the original beaten copper front door and marble tiled entrance, into a sleek, contemporary fusion of practical design showcasing an extensive use of natural materials including silver ash parquetry flooring, concrete benchtops and hand crafted tiles.
Maximising natural light, perfecting the flow between indoor-outdoor living and entertaining, creates an easy living space for any family. High elevation and orientation, along with the hallmark design of wide eaves, shade the expansive floor-to-ceiling glass, and channels the natural easterly breezes. A spacious front balcony which enjoys wonderful views to the east towards the city is one of the multiple indoor-outdoor living zones within the home.
Well preserved features include, breeze blocks to the carport, vintage Jo Hammerborg copper lighting, and mosaic tiling, all encapsulating the spirit of the 1960’s. The generous 607m2 block offers scope for further extensions. Showing off a stunning sympathetic makeover and finished to a most discerning standard, this residence comes with an impressive list of high quality features, whilst paying special tribute to the classic design elements the era is so popular for.
Just move in and enjoy the wonderful lifestyle this home has on offer. The owner has moved and our instructions are clear to sell this sympathetically and lovingly restored home. Features include:
– Renovated Architectural family home
– Elevated & facing East 607m2 block with a wide 15.6 mtr frontage
– Sympathetic and considered restoration showcasing the 1960’s
– Entrance showcasing original beaten copper door & marble tiling
– High quality designer fixtures and features
– Silver Ash parquetry flooring
– Two designer bathrooms with hand crafted tiling and terrazzo floors
– Large designer kitchen, featuring a variety of natural elements
– Expansive open plan living and dining zones
– Extended eaves and floor to ceiling glass
– Multiple living areas indoor-outdoor
– Three bedrooms, all with built-ins, plus study nook
– Two car carport featuring original breeze blocks and mosaic tiling
– Palm Springs inspired landscaping with Stone walls, sourced from local quarries
Within close proximity to high performing private and public schools, along with Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, a selection of popular local restaurants, cute cafs, shops, supermarkets, parks and reliable public transport.